Waffle plates offer a harder and lighter plate than similar flat plates. Waffle plate manufacturing speed is higher than conventional plates. It's economical and easy.
It uses about 30% less concrete and 20% less steel than raft plates. waffle pod slabs ensure small deviations in the field. It has good coverage and strength. It has a relatively shallow soil depth and is fire resistant. It has excellent vibration control.
Here are the waffle plate properties mentioned below:
1. Waffle plates are best for flat surfaces.
2. Reinforcements are provided in the form of individual networks or rods.
3. The recommended thickness is 85 to 100 mm and the recommended plate depth is limited to 300 to 600 mm.
4. The volume of concrete required is smaller than the others.
5. Separate trenches for beams are not required in waffle sheets.
6. Provided that the width of the beam is usually 110-200 mm.
7. The recommended rib spacing is 600 to 1500 mm.
8. The bottom of the plate looked like a waffle. It is obtained with the help of a cardboard box or sleeve, etc.
9. It is good against shrinkage.
The building process involves constructing a system of concrete slabs surrounded by pillars. The monolithically poured concrete forms a flat top, while the rectangular lattice at the bottom forms deep concrete blocks, the blocks resembling waffle bags spread out at right angles.